Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not All Angels Fly: Strange Angels By Lili St. Crow

Can you say awesome!!!! That word and many other great ones will almost be worthy enough to describe this book. When I picked up this book from the bookstore I had no idea it was gonna be so fantastic! It was a little on the short side which put me off a bit, but then I said “What the hey?” and got it anyway. I was not disappointed. Even though it is shorter than my usuals it took me longer to read it because I found myself stopping at certain times to get the visuals just…right. Lili was sooo descriptive that she had me eating out of the palm of her hand! I then found out that it was a series……Yayyyyy! The next book, Betrayals is already on shelves and already on mine. It is fairly worn and read. I was thinking I could review it next. I don’t know what it has been about this beginning and end of the year with sneaky books preying on unsuspecting me. If Lili keeps on placing such delicious morsels on my plate I will happily gobble them down. I think I might have a girl-crush on Lili and Dru and Graves and Chris. My gosh sooo many!
            I think my favorite part of this book was that it reminded me of Vampire Academy and stirred up my longing for a kick-butt female lead. Dru is independent and caring in her own way. She has to deal with so many heartaches, but she keeps fighting. If that’s not inspirational I don’t know what is!  She meets Grave and instantly you know that he is important from how she studies him. Then she meets Christophe, all blond, highlighted, and pretty and you think you’ve made a huge mistake. Until you realize that she is confused and you put yourself into her place and think “What would I do if faced with such temptation?” This book showed me how awesome a writer Lili is because it is one thing to write up a boy so pretty all you want to do is look into his eyes, but it is almost impossible to write a female lead so wonderful that all you have to do is read to see her character. Dru is overall one of my favorite female book idols. She is a teen girl who tries to hide from the ‘real world’ even though its no use. She never tries to be anyone else or pretend. She is just….Dru.

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top