Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) by Kimberly Derting


Summary from Goodreads

     Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

    As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net     Desires of the Dead begins with a hot new guy popping up at school and bringing with him, a creepy little sister. I can't decide which book in this series I liked best. This one was just so headturning! Violet is all up and down in this book. She has a hard time dealing with her gift and regrets the harm that it causes the people she loves. She does a lot of stuff I disagree with like withholding information from Jay and her parents. Even though, she and Jay's relationship grow greatly throughout the story and he proves to be just as sweet and caring as I thought he was. He is really understanding about Violet and doesn't give up on her.
    What I love about The Body Finder books is that they are equally romance and mystery. I think Kimberly is the Queen of suspense and the scary scenes have me giggling nervously in class. This time the mystery is incredibly tricky and all over the place. You think that you have it, but then you are bamboozled again! I had a lot of fun reading this book and had to frequently stop for fear of a panic attack, but I had a choice I'd do it all over again!

2 bubbles:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love both books and I hope that Rafe doesn't mess up Jay and Violet's relationship. They are great together, right?

SimplyMe said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review! Haven't read this yet, but hopefully soon. Love your blog-- I'm a new follower! Looking forward to more of your reviews :)

Book Addict

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top