Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time. (Goodreads)
I should be beaten.
Really.

I... Don't know what to say. If I Stay was...... Incredible. I cried and laughed and enjoyed it more than I ever thought was possible. Again I let myself be the barrier between me and an awesome book. Now I feel stupid because I can't even remember why I didn't want to read it in the first place. I thank whoever did the My Book Boyfriend post on Adam because that was what pulled me into this story. I can't even describe how it affected me. I had to stop reading because I almost started crying in Algebra. I couldn't stop thinking about the story and Mia and Adam and Teddy until I finished it. It was indescribable and if you only take one thing from this lacking review, take this, Read. It.



2 bubbles:

Kristan said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, I feel like the last person on earth who hasn't read this book. I keep hearing so many wonderful reviews about If I Stay, so I don't know why I haven't read it yet. You said it perfectly in the review, I'm the biggest barrier right now! Love how emotional it made you feel, those kinds of reads are my favorites. I MUST pick this book up now!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
P.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

Kat said... Best Blogger Tips

I didn't actually cry when I read it, but it did make me tear up. I agree with you, though, in that it made me really emotional. Great review! :)

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top