Thursday, March 31, 2011

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes



Format: Hardcover
Pages: 418 pages
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Publication Date: June 8th 2010
Series: Raised by Wolves #1
ISBN: 1606840592

Summary From Goodreads:
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two. But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs. But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

RAISED BY WOLVES by Jennifer Lynn Barnes was the beginning of a whole new world for me. I have never read about a type of werewolves like this group. This is the first time that I have heard of mates being established and the wolves being so possessive. I found that I liked this book and the author set herself in a group apart by introducing me to this unique species of werewolves. As I have said many time before, voice is very important to me, to catch my attention, and Bryn's voice automatically captured me. I knew that I was going to like her from the start with her independence and likable snarkiness. This book also has a lot of supporting characters that are so important because they are apart of a pack. After I figured out this, I assumed that I would become frustrated trying to keep up, but I didn't. I don't think that there is a way to actually explain parts of the book without giving it all away. I found that the book, in and of itself, was reckless. Bryn is reckless, but the decisions that she makes are totally unpredictable. Literally, anything you think will happen, doesn't and it confounds you and amazes you. I think Jennifer and RAISED BY WOLVES gave way to a fantastic series and I can't wait until the sequel to see what is in store for Bryn and her new pack.

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top