Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching Fire & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

 

 

 

 

 

 

Summaries from Goodreads

Catching Fire

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol.

Mockingjay

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net

     I waited until I had both books to finish reading the trilogy and I was glad that I did. These books were fast-paced and had tons of unexpected twists and turns.

     As always, I loved Katniss and Peeta. Katniss is one of my favorite female characters and she always amazes me with her strength and ingenuity. She goes through so many things in these books and still she continues on. The Hunger Games was a fascinating concept. It was cruel and heartless and the descriptions were both fascinating and heartbreaking. The Hunger Games trilogy was one of those series that had a bittersweet ending because after all that killing there's no way that a person could ever be completely okay. I liked that Katniss and Peeta didn't do that and their was epilogue was totally sweet with their little babies. I am glad that I had the chance to finish this series and experience it's greatness. In fact, it was so great that I couldn't start on another book right away because I had so much to think about. I love books like that.

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top