Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber

I was obsessed.

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.


Glitter Text - http://bubblegumbookreviews.blogspot.com

Darker Still was a fairly short book in a appearance, but it took me so long to read. Natalie is mute and that a new thing for me with heroines or any main character. She was easy to relate to and headstrong. I liked her from the start. She and Mrs. Northe are the only characters that are very developed. This is where the problems begin. Denbury, Natalie's beau, is described as very beautiful and that is all. His "voice" is very rarely heard in Natalie's recollections and the dialogue is kinda empty. The plot was slow to develop and mostly spent talking about action instead of actual action. The book finally starts getting good at the end and is the only redeeming quality that makes me have faith in the second book. The cover is gorgeous cover doesn't hurt either!!

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top