Monday, February 20, 2012

Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey


Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents rules; especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father's office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be the key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.

To improve her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen's sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill's accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything, even Tristen's love just for the thrill of being . . . bad.

Glitter Text - http://bubblegumbookreviews.blogspot.com

The first time I watched or saw anything relating to Jekel and Hyde was when I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks do a rendition of it. I loved that one, of course, they have cute voices, but overall the Jekel and Hyde story sounded a bit weak. I was a little girl then and I didn't think about it anymore. Skip ahead 7 years and I come across this book. I've heard the name, the plot sounds good, and it's written by an author I already know does good work. So I get it and I am not disappointed. Their name's are Jill Jekel and Tristen Hyde. Jill is quiet and keeps to herself, and really smart and I could relate to her. She spoke to me. Hearing her deal with her father's death and her mother's breakdown kills me. She was strong though, paying bills and helping crazy boys, making me love her even more.
     Tristen is sweet and arrogant. He's quiet, too, but in another way. He and Jill are each others missing puzzle piece. Jill has something that Tristen wants. The cure to his insanity. A science competition allows them the chance to bring back the Jekel-Hyde name and bring Tristen some piece. Tristen was so very tortured. His nightmares, his dad, being on the brink of insanity and destruction. It couldn't have been easy, but he didn't stop trying. He didn't want to be a monster. He tries to distance himself from Jill, but it's impossible. As they go down the trail to cure Tristen, they find a beautiful love and he finds the purest cure of all.

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top