Monday, July 16, 2012

Review | I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison


I Was Jane Austen's Best FriendWhen shy Jenny Cooper goes to stay with her cousin Jane Austen, she knows nothing of the world that Jane inhabits. At 15, Jane is already a sharp observer of the customs of courtship. So when Jenny falls in love, who better than Jane to help her?
     I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend took me a long time to get through. It was kind of draggy and it was only once in a while that it hit actual parts of interest. Strangely I didn't mind this. It was a comfortable read that didn't make me have a heart attack of excitement, but it sat there and I liked it. Like donuts, I don't get excited over them, but I like them just the same. The best part of the book was the authenticity. The time period is very well written and intricate. The author's note at the end  how much time Harrison put into the book as she explains the origins of the plot. The passion flows through her voice and shines through the book.


0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top