Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler

Star basketball player Chelsea "Nitro" Keyes had the promise of a full ride to college-and everyone's admiration in her hometown. But everything changed senior year, when she took a horrible fall during a game. Now a metal plate holds her together and she feels like a stranger in her own family.
As a graduation present, Chelsea's dad springs for a three-week summer "boot camp" program at a northern Minnesota lake resort. There, she's immediately drawn to her trainer, Clint, a nineteen-year-old ex-hockey player who's haunted by his own traumatic past. As they grow close, Chelsea is torn between her feelings for Clint and her loyalty to her devoted boyfriend back home. Will an unexpected romance just end up causing Chelsea and Clint more pain-or finally heal their heartbreak?


Glitter Text - http://www.sparklee.com


 My brain is so scrambled about Playing Hurt. I loved it and then I didn't. It started out horribly slow. Chelsea's injury stops her from playing basketball. To me, her attitude is so pessimistic and awful. I felt sorry for her that basketball was all she had that would make her want to try again. Next, the romance. I liked it. *shrugs* Clint and Chelsea were good together. I didn't like how fast it progressed. Also, and this was my deal breaker, while she was cheating on her two-year boyfriend. He was sweet and thoughtful in an annoying way, but still he didn't deserve that. The ending was what redeemed the book for me. It was more slow-moving and I loved it. It was climactic and awesome.
    Playing Hurt can easily be a five-star book for someone. It deals with a lot of morals and I think it depends on what you consider immoral to determine your thoughts on this book. Try it, you just might love it.

1 bubbles:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips

This is the first I've heard of this book. Sounds like it could be an emotional read. I actually know a guy who had this sort of thing happen to him.

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top