Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crave (The Clann, #1) by Melissa Darnell


Summary
     Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.
     For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences… (Goodreads)
 
Review
     I'm at the bookstore minding my own business, when suddenly this cover catches my eye. I read the summary on the back and I'm hooked. I buy it and rush to get home. On my shelf it sits for three days while I break my back studying for practice tests. Finally on the first day of Thanksgiving break, I crack it open......and I can't put it down.
     Crave was hypnotizing. It was all I could do when I had it and when I didn't have it, it was all I could think about. Savannah's story was a fast-paced one. She is an outcast of practically everyone in the school, especially The Clann *insert dramatic music here* She wasn't always an outcast. She used to have Clann friends and even married the Prince, Tristan. Just when Savannah is getting fed up with the avoidance, she gets horribly sick. When she wakes up, in the most blunt way ever, her grandma and parents tell her that she is half witch and half vampire demon.
     Savannah takes the news surprisingly well and goes back to school the next day. Meanwhile Tristan has been asking all over about her and worrying. I don't want to really spoil the story so....anyway, Tristan and Savannah carried the whole story. They were risk takers in their love for each other and found ways to be together no matter what. Savannah was strong and beautiful and did what she needed to do when she needed to do it. Tristan was just the most perfect boy. He stood by Savannah, he knew her and did everything for her. Their love was the most devoted I've read in a long time and I think it'll stick with me for even longer.

1 bubbles:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Half-witch and half-vampire demon! Intriguing! Tristan and Savannah sound like a very swoon worthy couple. The cover is gorgeous. I'll have to add this to my ever growing ginormous to-read list! Thanks! If you have time check out my review Reign Fall

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top