Monday, August 8, 2011

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga #1) by Colleen Houck


Summary from Goodreads

    Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.

But that's exactly what happened.

Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger's Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net     The Tiger's Curse is a unique story all on it own. I can't describe how much I liked it. When I bought it, I hadn't heard anything about it and just bought it on a whim. Now I thank that whim for introducing me to this wonderful trilogy. The plot is strange and one that I've never heard of, yet it intrigued me so much. Kelsey is an orphan and has had a rough life. She is an inspiring character and always kept me thinking and laughing. I liked how the story started out and how she met Dhiren. Their connection already seemed so strong and only grew on their journey. Ren is just so sweet and incredibly seductive and Houck's kissing scenes left me winded.
     The frosting on the cake was the setting of India. The descriptions were so active that I couldn't help but feel right next to Kelsey. The journey was surprising and every turn was unexpected. I have also never experienced so many emotions during a book. I was angry at Kelsey for pushing Ren away. I was scared for Kelsey and Ren when they ran from the monkeys and Kappas. I was sad for Ren when Kelsey left. I was just on a rollercoaster and I never wanted to get off. The Tiger's Curse has bewitched me and I can't remember what I did before reading this book, but I never want to go back.

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top