Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany




Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: February 2011
Pages: 304

Summary From Goodreads:
Nothing's simple when you run with werewolves. Jess Gillmansen thinks she's seen it all but her eyes are about to be opened to even more danger and a reality far more paranormal than she's suspected. With Jess' realization that the Rusakovas' mother is still alive and imprisoned, the group's choices become harder and trust more important. Lines are drawn and relationships change as the broken Rusakova family struggles to reunite to free their mother - and those who Jess thought to be normal people show themselves to be much, much more..

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Plot: Pietr, Jess, and the gang are back again in this action-filled sequel to one of my favorite books of all time. Everything is so much more complicated with everyone. The Rusakovas are trying to cooperate with the CIA and free their mother and tensions are getting high. Jessica's plan of letting Sarah have Peter is continually backfiring on her, especially since Pietr has been awfully withdrawn in the last few months. Dealing with a dangerous new beau and a friend's secrets, Jessica's world comes crash down around her.

Characters: I just don't know what to say about this book. It almost became one of those books that I didn't write a review about because it made me speechless. There is just so much more in this segment that made it just.....Wonderful. Jess is the same girl, but with way more problems. Pietr is avoiding her and less avoiding Sarah's kisses. The Mafia, the CIA, and even her family is hiding things from her, important things and Jess feels as if she is drowning. I love Jess and the way that she handles things and Pietr. She just has a way about her that screams, relentless heroine. She has plenty of problems in this book, and I never hear a bit of panic in her voice. she deals with things efficiently and swiftly and still carries herself strongly even when her heart is breaking. Have I mentioned how much I love her?
Another person that I love is Pietr. Although I spent a lot of time while reading questioning what had eaten his brain. He is just so......frustrating! Ignoring Jess and hurting her like that was just wrong. I hated him for a very good portion of the book, but knew inside that Pietr was doing what he thought was best. Hasn't he ever seen Twilight? Ugh, boys.

Overview: My review is sooooo inadequate to describe the beauty of this book. I loved the parts where Jess let out her inner Twi-hard and talked about Twilight. I giggled at those parts. Another person that I found myself liking more was Max. At first I thought that him and Jess were going to be something, but then I realized they were just becoming closer. Not as lovers, but as siblings. I adored their sweet interactions. I also liked the welcoming that Tatiana, the Rusakova's Mother, gave Jess. It made me tear up. There were just so many elements that made this book......the best. *insert wistful sigh here* Also just a hint, the ending...almost made me get my pitchfork. Low blow, Shannon, low blow. -_-

0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top