Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review | Look For Me By Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

9524535Series: N/A
Pages: 198
Date Released: March 1, 1997

synopsis
     When the mysterious Vincent Morthanos arrives to stay at her father's inn, 16-year-old Cynda is mesmerized. His charm and sensitivity are irresistible. His attentiveness is constant. Cynda's sure she's in love. Daring to hope that the stranger shares her feelings, Cynda is innocently blind to who he really is--or to the terrible danger of coming under his spell.
Optimized-Twinky_BabyValentine_Paper12(1)
     For some reason, I expected this to be a romance. I was horribly mistaken. This was a thriller. My heart is still beating fast. I hated Cynda at first because she was so easily captivated by Vincent. The fact that he looked thirty was also quite uncomfortable I and did not earn her any cool points. I was also extremely angry at how unsupportive her parents were throughout the book despite them being under Vincent’s influence also. I loved the Todd and Ebony the best because they saw Vincent for what he was from the beginning. Will was a favorite too because he remained unconvinced no matter how much Vincent complimented his artistry. The ending of LFMBM was an example of wonderful writing! The words flew off the page and I felt so sorry for Cynda and Todd as they struggled to get out of the clutches of that monster. The action was great. The writing was great. The characters were great. Everything, I mean everything, was great.


0 bubbles:

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top