Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review | How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by Simone Elkeles

How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3) 
Title: How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation
Author: Simone Elkeles
Series: How To Ruin, #3
Pages: 257
Date Released: November 8, 2009

Summary: Amy Nelson-Barak, 17, is back in this third installment about a Jewish-American teen learning how to live and love in peace. She signs up for 10 days of training with the Israel Defense Force as soon as she finds out that her long-distance boyfriend, Avi, will be on base as well. But things turn out to be different from what she'd hoped for. She sleeps in a bunk bed underneath coils that look ready to give way, she's being worked to the bone, and the bathrooms are hardly up to her standards. Worst of all, Avi doesn't seem remotely thrilled that she's there. Is something going on between him and a fellow soldier? Strong, beautiful, and able to be with Avi all the time, Liron is everything Amy wants to be. Even though the plot is predictable, readers can't help but get drawn in by Amy's fun way of telling her story, and they learn a lot about Israeli teens' mandatory military service. Elkeles catches new readers up to speed in no time. 


     Unbeknowst to me, this was the third installment in this series, however that did not take away from the book at all. In fact, I had no idea until I saw the last page. Elkeles is awesome at reviewing Amy and Avi's relationship history without me knowing that I was missing anything at all. I liked Amy's character because she was strong and opinionated. The times that I did not like her was when she was being childish and playing games with Avi. Avi was an awesome boyfriend, all tanned and hot Israeli soldier. He was sweet and treated Amy so well even though he tried to be objective during boot camp. I kinda disliked most of the supporting characters because it seemed as if sometimes they were just there because Amy needed someone else to interact with instead of Avi. Overall, I give this book five stars because it had wonderful main characters, great plot, and a bittersweet ending.


2 bubbles:

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

You had me until you said "bittersweet." I'm more of an HEA kind agirl.

Keturah said... Best Blogger Tips

@Beth Lol, I understand. I am too. It was definitely not what I expected.

Post a Comment

This is an award-free blog. Sorry. :/

back to top